A great summer salad dressing is the perfect addition to any meal. It adds zest, flavor, and texture that makes your meal extra special. Who doesn’t love a good sunny salad with lots of veggies? This Caribbean-style Salad Dressing is a must-try for anyone who loves salads. Yup, you read that right!
This salad dressing will fill your home with the tropical aroma of the islands. It is creamy, tangy, and full of Caribbean goodness! It’s just like eating an entire bowl of this salady goodness without actually having to eat anything! The best part? You probably already have all the ingredients in your pantry right now. Let’s get started!
What you need to make Caribbean Salad Dressing
- Vine-ripened tomatoes – It’s the base of this salad dressing. You can use any type of tomato you prefer. But make sure they are ripe and sweet. This will ensure that the ingredients add the right flavor.
- Limes – The sourness of this dressing comes from the lime. If you don’t have access to fresh limes, you can use about 2 tablespoons of lime juice.
- Cilantro – Fresh coriander adds freshness to the dish. It also has a slight hint of mint in it. If you can’t find fresh coriander, you can also use dried. Just make sure it’s fresh.
- Bay leaf – This adds a subtle flavor to the Caribbean Salad Dressing. You can use either fresh or dried bay leaf.
- Black pepper – Black pepper is the one spice that adds a kick of heat to this salad dressing. You can taste it to your liking.
- Olive oil – This adds the perfect amount of richness to this dish. You can use any type of olive oil you prefer. Just make sure it’s of high quality.
- Salt – This is optional. You can add more or less depending on your taste.
How to make Caribbean Salad Dressing
- Place all the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Taste it and add more lime if you want.
- Pour it into a jar and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
- Shake well before serving.
- If you want a thicker dressing, you can blend it for longer.
- For a thin dressing, blend for a shorter time.
- Serve it as a dip for vegetables, chicken, fish, etc. You can also use it as a condiment for wraps and sandwiches.
Tips for making the best-tasting salad dressing
- Make sure you use ripe and sweet tomatoes.
- Add more lime if you want a tangier taste.
- You can serve it as a dip or a condiment.
- You can use it as a base for fish tacos, wraps, and more.
- You can make this Caribbean Salad Dressing with any vegetables you prefer. The veggies you can use include cucumber, carrots, corn, potatoes, etc.
- You can also add some chopped-up meat to this salad. For example, you can add chicken and shrimp. Or, you can add cannellini beans and black beans to it.
- You can add paprika to give it a hint of spiciness.
- You can add a dash of honey to sweeten it up a bit.
Salad dressings are great for adding flavor and variety to your meals. They are also very easy to make. With the ingredients listed above, you can make a delicious and aromatic Caribbean Salad Dressing at home. This dressing can be used for salads, wraps, sandwiches, and more. So, next time you want to add some tropical goodness to your meal, make this Caribbean Salad Dressing. It’s sure to make your meal extra delicious!